Quaker-ex and Sustainability

I am a lapsed quaker, lapsed meditator, lapsed marathon runner, but I still think and feel like one. Quakerism flourished in England at an apocalyptic time in late 1700s. We are face-planted now in the mother of all apocalypses: the Climate Emergency. I muse here what quakerism as a way of life and movement could contribute to transition through social disruption created by energy scarcity, social injustice and above all, climate emergency.

20071203

I'm still here, not posted

I have become too involved in a relocation decision, which is my response to sustainable living, namely start trying to do it.
Not much to say for now.

3 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'd love to see some updates on your work when you have time. I'd also like to get back down there and help implement things after things quieten down for me.

I don't know where you are with the greenhouse, but I think that if I were doing one now, I would put in a tirewall on the back and sides. Concrete blocks you pay for; tires you are paid to have delivered to your site.

Douglas

 
At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Ian Graham said...

Still here, not posting anything. though lots happening at the farm since I arrived Sept 2007. DB, thanks for your encouraging comment. I'll email offline.
ig

 

Post a Comment

<< Home